Tuesday, January 3, 2012

T-minus 1 week...

Well the time is coming... and I can hardly take it any longer! I walk around with butterflies in my stomach all day in anticipation for our baby to come. Last week, Will and I were sitting in the living room just looking at each other, and Will said "So, is this how it's going to be til he comes?" I knew after Christmas would be hard because we had no more plans except this baby coming. I've been trying to plan things, make myself busy somehow, but it doesn't seem to help my anxiety. I keep analyzing what I'm feeling,   asking myself "Is this a contraction?" and analyzing my body fluid asking myself, "Did my water just break or did I just pee my pants a little?" Don't worry folks, I've just been peeing my pants (I think). 

So we live in a one bedroom apartment here, so Knox doesn't have a nursery. He's got a corner...


That's our nightstand turned into a diaper changing station. I had to mourn the fact that I wouldn't have what I'd always imagined bringing my baby home to. But it's ok. Honestly, we don't have much room, so we've kept everything down to a minimum with all the baby stuff. He's got a bucket of toys... 


My favorite is Broccoli Rabey (The big green thing on the right... it's stuffed broccoli).

We shifted and downsized Will's side of the closet to share with Knox...


and THE diaper bag. I took a sewing class this fall so I could A) learn more about sewing and B) make a diaper bag that I accidentally spent a lot of money on the fabric. I was happy with how it came out, I just hope it doesn't fall apart on me the first week.




Eat your heart out Skip Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment