Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just gets better and better...

Tomorrow will mark Will and I being married for 3 years... 
 I will never forget April 18, 2009. I'll never forget the topsy turvy stomach feeling I had that morning, the pure joy getting ready as Mackenzie curled my hair...


The tears that welled up as Cassie was painting my toenails...


the pit in my stomach as I was quite nervous that my dress wouldn't zip (i hate you hormonal birth control)...


how awkward I felt posing for pictures by myself...


this tree... it just breathes life...


fake laughing, which we've gotten really good at...


looking out and being touched to see certain people travel to our wedding...


standing upstairs in the bathroom looking out at everyone, as my friend, Mark, played Nickel Creek's "When You Come Back Down"...


and Anna Rose as she walked  and instead of dropping handfuls of dried lavender, she dropped them one by one, looked as if she was dropping invisible flowers. Gave me a good laugh as I was starting to cry with my dad... 


Margie singing, "How Great Are You Lord", walking down the "aisle" and seeing Will standing up there... all my nerves went away. 


the perfect weather, couldn't have been better, to sit outside and listen and watch and feel...


clinging to Will...


I won't forget trying to listen so hard, but I just couldn't, I was too excited! (good thing we have a copy of what Buddy said)...


feeling like I can breathe now, it's done and we're married!


We had no idea what we were doing! I was so afraid the whole cake was going to fall over!


Most awkward moment is the couple's first dance! Will gave him the "cut it off" sign early!


feeling like not having a care in the world


and of course who could forget the best wedding exit ever!
We're sooooo patriotic.


 I wish I could relive this day over and over again. But then it wouldn't be so special. I'm so thankful for my senses to remind me of this day and of the past 3 years. I've grown from every tear, car ride, argument, household, meal, trip to marshalls, assignment, jog/walk, pillow talk, club, and lots and lots of laughter with Will. I'll love you forever, Will. Happy Anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment