Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Last hiatus?

So I'm hoping this was my last hiatus from here...

It's April, almost May. I can't freakin believe it. Our spring has been unusually busy, with our normal schedule, mixed in with a trip to Knoxville, 3 out of town weddings and all the festivities that come with weddings, redoing our whole backyard, a girls weekend, will gone to 2 trainings, a young life trip, and our spring fundraiser. phew! All just within the past 3 months! 

It's funny that even though we've been busy, my life still feels monotonous. We all wake up (usually McCabe first), play and watch cartoons, eat breakfast (i usually pass but never pass coffee), McCabe naps, I read while Knox entertains himself, then we get out of the house til lunch and afternoon nap, then play some more, eat dinner, watch tv, and go to bed. All that to say, Will and I have been craving adventure lately that won't be cured with a long weekend getaway. We'll see where that leads us.

All the time people ask me, "How's McCabe doing?" I don't realize it but most of the time they're referring to her health. That month was such a blur that I forget that it happened. But she's great, we've never had any issues after leaving the hospital. She's 8, almost 9 months now and literally is a baby doll. She loves people. If you smile at her, she smiles right back. You can't take her anywhere and people not comment on her. Now that it is finally warm, I have LOVED everyday picking out her outfits, this is her still in her PJ's.  





Knox loves her so much. I think we had them at the perfect time. He is getting a lot better at communicating and is more infatuated with her than jealous. She goes by "Baby" in our house.


I am LOVING me some Knox lately. He is so fun and entertaining! He can finally say people's names (mainly grandparents) and it nearly steals your heart when you hear their name come out of his mouth. Right now he is into tractors, books, helping Will water the grass, stickers, walks in the neighborhood, anything sweet, and he loves him some Mama. If I got a quarter for everytime he said my name, I would be one rich mama. We've been to the zoo twice in the past few weeks and he has loooved the petting zoo, which surprised me. 


notice the stickers all over! That entertained him for at least 10 minutes on the plane! Thanks Kakie!


He loves him some "Ice keem"


Will and I had our 5th wedding anniversary while we were in Knoxville last week. We walked around campus and talked through memories that we had. We took a picture where we had met and where we got engaged. We drove by our first house and the house we got married at. We went to a movie (our favorite past time) and window shopped (our second favorite past time) and ate mexican food (our third favorite past time) and topped off the night hanging out with some of our best friends. It was a great day of being with each other without interruption. I'm so so excited for these next 5 years with him and the adventures God has for us! 




No comments:

Post a Comment