Sunday, October 16, 2011


The weeks here go by so fast. Every Monday I think, "I can't believe it's Monday again already!" It's already half way through October. Good Gosh. Here's to another beautifully crazy Monday Night!


Will and I are way past juicing and gone to eating the real thing. We read this book called, Food Matters by Mark Bittman. Basically he says eat less meat, don't eat processed foods, and eat a lot of fruit and veggies, that way you'll help preserve this earth and your bodies. It just got us thinking.

 
So, on his birthday this past Monday, we joined a Co-op. We reserve a box about once a week and pick it up at the park. This week we had eggplant, romaine, spinach, cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, avocado, lemon, thyme basil, apples, oranges, kiwi, pears, tomatoes, and green onions. We went  straight from the park to my all-time favorite grocery store, Central Market. We brought our How to Cook Everything Vegetarian Cookbook along with us and planned our meal based on what was in the box. This week has been fun, basing our meals on what veggies we have left. My only complaint is I've had a enough zucchini to last me awhile. We made a veggie ratatouille (which also had for lunch the days following), zucchini pancakes, and zucchini bread. I bet Knox loves it too. 

Oh yeah. After too many conversations over meals, in the late night hours, in the car, as we're watching tv, and on the phone, we decided on a name...


Knox Wilson Odom. 

We had a top 5 but neither of us were crazy on one name, so we let it lie, hoping one would catch our attention, hopefully before the birth. Knox  wasn't even in our top 5, but then one day as we're eating sandwiches, Will asked, "What about Knox?" We had brought the name up early on in the pregnancy and I had shot it down. But sitting there at Which Wich, I said, "I think I really like it!" After thinking about it for a few days, we put our stamp of approval on it. I was excited for a few reasons but mainly to just have one picked out and to not to have think about it anymore! I had no idea  that I would feel so much responsibility about a name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment