Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Livin the Life at Frontier Ranch

It's Day 4 here at Frontier Ranch and as most of you know tonight is "the night that never ends" therefore I'm gearing up and saving some energy for tonight.

As of right now, I can't complain one bit. I haven't been able to say that since the very beginning of May. I believe (and I don't want to jinx myself) that I'm turning that corner out of first trimester blues. The first few days in Colorado were rough due to the altitude on top of pregnancy.  I was meeting all these people for the first time and could hardly keep up a conversation. I was down thinking, "They must think I'm some program spouse bia." But I woke up on Monday morning and thought, "I feel good??!!" I couldn't wait to tell Will and start having a great time really getting to know people better.

Our Assign Team is the bomb. I feel like I've known mostly everyone (but more so the staff spouses) for a long time now...not 3 1/2 days. Conversation with everyone is so natural. Housing is a little crazy compared to our assignments at SharpTop with everyone kinda scattered around. We are in Chief with the Accardi's and the Bailey's which is the perfect setup for program team and their families.

Will is in Opera Practice right now. They are killin' it. Everyone is amazed at their (Will, Devon, and Justin) chemistry. While listening to Will and Devon banter on the mics during the volleyball tournament, Erin and I realized that it's so natural because this is what they do pretty much every Tuesday night when we watch The Biggest Loser or Hoarders or anything else we do with them. We will miss them a lot, but for now we are just enjoying them. In related news, our "official" Godson, Cameron Accardi, took is his first steps yesterday!! We all screamed in excitement and then he decided he was done entertaining.

Hopefully I'll grab some photos of tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment